Paket: steam (2.2.31-4.3ubuntu1) [universe]
Links für steam
Quellcode-Paket steam herunterladen:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Alain Schroeder
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Environment for cooperative knowledge management
sTeam provides a technical platform which allows groups of students, lecturers and any other groups to construct and arrange their individual and cooperative learning and working space.
sTeam consists of an object-oriented server connected to a database and Web, Java and other (ftp, irc, ...) clients. The server is event-driven and manages all user objects as well as the communication between the connected clients.
Different from most other cooperation tools is the novel possibility of self-organisation and self-administration by the members within the virtual environment.
In the core, the system provides the following self-administrating functions:
* creation of rooms * granting of admission or access authorisations * administration and processing of objects or references to objects and documents located on other servers * carrying objects and passing them on to other users * use of rooms as cooperative media (e.g. Shared Whiteboard)
A more detailed description can be found on the website: http://www.open-steam.org/
sTeam needs a mysql server, but it need not necessarily be installed on the same computer.
This package contains the sTeam server.
Andere Pakete mit Bezug zu steam
- dep: dbconfig-common (>= 1.8.11)
- common framework for packaging database applications
- dep: html2text
- advanced HTML to text converter
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.0)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: pike7.6-core (>= 7.6.112-1)
- Powerful interpreted programming language
- dep: pike7.6-image
- Image module for Pike
- dep: pike7.6-mysql
- MySQL module for Pike
- dep: pstotext
- Extract text from PostScript and PDF files
- dep: steam-lib (<< 2.2.31-4.3ubuntu1.1~)
- Environment for cooperative knowledge management (libs)
- dep: steam-lib (>= 2.2.31-4.3ubuntu1)