Package: dbus (1.2.16-2ubuntu4.7) [security]
Links for dbus
Download Source Package dbus:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Utopia Maintenance Team (Mail Archive)
- Sjoerd Simons
- Sebastian Dröge
- Michael Biebl
- Loic Minier
- Simon McVittie
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [dbus.freedesktop.org]
simple interprocess messaging system
D-Bus is a message bus, used for sending messages between applications. Conceptually, it fits somewhere in between raw sockets and CORBA in terms of complexity.
D-Bus supports broadcast messages, asynchronous messages (thus decreasing latency), authentication, and more. It is designed to be low-overhead; messages are sent using a binary protocol, not using XML. D-Bus also supports a method call mapping for its messages, but it is not required; this makes using the system quite simple.
It comes with several bindings, including GLib, Python, Qt and Java.
This package contains the D-Bus daemon and related utilities.
The client-side library can be found in the libdbus-1-3 package, as it is no longer contained in this package.
Other Packages Related to dbus
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libdbus-1-3 (>= 1.0.2)
- simple interprocess messaging system
- dep: libexpat1 (>= 1.95.8)
- XML parsing C library - runtime library
- dep: libselinux1 (>= 1.32)
- SELinux runtime shared libraries
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: upstart (>= 0.6.3-6)
- event-based init daemon
- rec: consolekit (>= 0.2.3-3ubuntu2)
- framework for defining and tracking users, sessions and seats
- sug: dbus-x11
- simple interprocess messaging system (X11 deps)