Package: libima-dbi-perl (0.35-1) [universe]
Links for libima-dbi-perl
Download Source Package libima-dbi-perl:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Perl Group (Mail Archive)
- Bart Martens
- Krzysztof Krzyżaniak (eloy)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [search.cpan.org]
Database connection caching and organization
Ima::DBI attempts to organize and facilitate caching and more efficient use of database connections and statement handles.
One of the things that can be annoying about writing large programs with DBI is making sure that you do not have duplicate database handles open. There is also the issue of the somewhat wasteful nature of the prepare/execute/finish route that users tend to go through.
The new DBI->connect_cached and DBI->prepare_cached help a lot, but you still have to throw around global information about the data source, username and password.
So, after a while the author grew a small library of DBI helper routines and techniques. Ima::DBI is the culmination of all this, put into a nice(?), clean(?) class to be inherited from.
Other Packages Related to libima-dbi-perl
- dep: libclass-data-inheritable-perl (>= 0.02)
- Inheritable, overridable class data
- dep: libdbi-perl (>= 1.20)
- Perl Database Interface (DBI)
- dep: libdbix-contextualfetch-perl (>= 1.00)
- module to add context aware fetches to DBI
- dep: perl (>= 5.6.0-16)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language