Package: dhcp3-server (3.1.3-2ubuntu3.5)
Links for dhcp3-server
Download Source Package dhcp3:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Andrew Pollock
- Eloy A. Paris
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
DHCP server for automatic IP address assignment
This is the server from version 3 of the Internet Software Consortium's implementation of DHCP. For more information, visit http://www.isc.org.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a protocol like BOOTP (actually dhcpd includes much of the functionality of bootpd). It gives client machines "leases" for IP addresses and can automatically set their network configuration.
This server can handle multiple ethernet interfaces.
Other Packages Related to dhcp3-server
- dep: debconf (>= 0.5)
- Debian configuration management system
- or debconf-2.0
- Package not available
- dep: debianutils (>= 2.8.2)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- dep: dhcp3-common (= 3.1.3-2ubuntu3.5)
- common files used by all the dhcp3* packages
- dep: libcap2 (>= 2.10)
- support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabilities
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality