Package: python-distutils-extra (2.18bzr1ubuntu0.1)
Links for python-distutils-extra
Download Source Package python-distutils-extra:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Sebastian Heinlein
- Martin Pitt
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
enhancements to the Python build system
This package provides additional functions to Python's distutils and setuptools. It allows you to easily integrate gettext, icons and GNOME documentation into your build and installation process.
It also provides an "auto" module which provides a "do what I mean" automatic build system; if you stick to the conventions, you do not need to write setup.cfg, POTFILES.in, or MANIFEST.in, and setup.py just needs to have the package metadata (such as project name and version).
Other Packages Related to python-distutils-extra
- dep: intltool
- Utility scripts for internationalizing XML
- dep: python
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-central (>= 0.6.11)
- register and build utility for Python packages
- sug: devscripts
- scripts to make the life of a Debian Package maintainer easier