Package: ctdb (1.0.108-3ubuntu3) [universe]
Links for ctdb
Download Source Package ctdb:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Samba Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Mathieu Parent
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [ctdb.samba.org]
clustered database to store temporary data
CTDB is a cluster implementation of the TDB database used by Samba and other projects to store temporary data. If an application is already using TDB for temporary data it is very easy to convert that application to be cluster aware and use CTDB instead.
CTDB provides the same types of functions as TDB but in a clustered fashion, providing a TDB-style database that spans multiple physical hosts in a cluster.
* CTDB provides a TDB that has consistent data and consistent locking across all nodes in a cluster. * CTDB is very fast. * In case of node failures, CTDB will automatically recover and repair all TDB databases that it manages. * CTDB is the core component that provides pCIFS ("parallel CIFS") with Samba3/4. * CTDB provides HA features such as node monitoring, node failover, and IP takeover. * CTDB provides a reliable messaging transport to allow applications linked with CTDB to communicate to other instances of the application running on different nodes in the cluster. * CTDB has pluggable transport backends. Currently implemented backends are TCP and Infiniband. * CTDB supports a system of application specific management scripts, allowing applications that depend on network or filesystem resources to be managed in a highly available manner on a cluster.
Other Packages Related to ctdb
- dep: iproute
- networking and traffic control tools
- dep: libpopt0 (>= 1.15)
- lib for parsing cmdline parameters
- dep: lsb-base
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: psmisc
- utilities that use the proc file system
- dep: tdb-tools
- Trivial Database - bundled binaries
- dep: time
- The GNU time program for measuring cpu resource usage
- rec: ethtool
- display or change Ethernet device settings