Package: incron (0.5.9-4) [universe]
Links for incron
Download Source Package incron:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Emmanuel Bouthenot
- Michael Prokop
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [inotify.aiken.cz]
cron-like daemon which handles filesystem events
incron is an "inotify cron" system. It works like the regular cron but is driven by filesystem events instead of time events. This package provides two programs, a daemon called "incrond" (analogous to crond) and a table manipulator "incrontab" (like "crontab").
incron uses the Linux Kernel inotify syscalls.
like cron, each user can edit its own incron tables.
incron can be used to :
- notifying programs (e.g. server daemons) about changes in configuration - guarding changes in critical files (with their eventual recovery) - file usage monitoring, statistics - automatic on-crash cleanup - automatic on-change backup or versioning - new mail notification (for maildir) - server upload notification - installation management (outside packaging systems) - ... and many others
Other Packages Related to incron
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-14)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality