Package: mcrypt (2.6.8-1) [universe]
Links for mcrypt
Download Source Package mcrypt:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- RISKO Gergely
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [mcrypt.sourceforge.net]
Replacement for old unix crypt(1)
mcrypt is a crypting program, intended to be replacement for the old unix crypt(1). But it can do a lot more, since with its libmcrypt library it can encrypt and decrypt with the following alogirhtms: BLOWFISH, TWOFISH, DES, TripleDES, 3-WAY, SAFER-sk64, SAFER-sk128, SAFER+, OKI97, GOST, RC2, RC6, MARS, IDEA, RIJNDAEL-128, RIJNDAEL-192, SERPENT, RIJNDAEL-256, CAST-128 (known as CAST5), CAST-256, ARCFOUR, ENIGMA, PANAMA, XTEA and WAKE.
Please note that this package is buggy and unmaintained by the upstream authors. If you can, please look for other implementations (openssl, gnutls, gnupg).
Other Packages Related to mcrypt
- dep: bzip2
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor - utilities
- dep: libmcrypt4 (>= 2.5.8-1)
- De-/Encryption Library
- dep: libmhash2 (>= 0.8.16-1)
- Library for cryptographic hashing and message authentication
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime