Package: mt-daapd (0.9~r1696.dfsg-15build1) [universe]
Links for mt-daapd
Download Source Package mt-daapd:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Julien BLACHE
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.fireflymediaserver.org]
iTunes-compatible DAAP server
mt-daapd, now known as the Firefly Media Server, is a DAAP (Digital Audio Access Protocol) server that works with most POSIX-compatible operating systems. It allows you to share your music collection over the local network using the DAAP protocol also used by Apple's iTunes.
Popular uses of the Firefly Media Server include serving your digital music library to iTunes clients and/or SoundBridge devices from Roku.
Built-in transcoding support enables serving popular free music formats like FLAC, Ogg Vorbis or Musepack to those clients that do not otherwise support these formats. Transcoding happens on the fly, with the target format usually being WAV.
The server also features a web interface that can be used to control components of the server, trigger database updates, and create playlists.
Other Packages Related to mt-daapd
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: avahi-daemon
- Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon
- dep: libavahi-client3 (>= 0.6.16)
- Avahi client library
- dep: libavahi-common3 (>= 0.6.16)
- Avahi common library
- dep: libflac8 (>= 1.2.1)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec - runtime C library
- dep: libid3tag0 (>= 0.15.1b)
- ID3 tag reading library from the MAD project
- dep: libjs-prototype
- dep: libjs-scriptaculous
- dep: libogg0 (>= 1.0rc3)
- Ogg bitstream library
- dep: libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.6.21)
- SQLite 3 shared library
- dep: libtagc0 (>= 1.5)
- TagLib Audio Meta-Data Library (C bindings)
- dep: libvorbis0a (>= 1.1.2)
- The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec (Decoder library)
- dep: libvorbisfile3 (>= 1.1.2)
- The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec (High Level API)
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime