Package: scribus (22.214.171.124.dfsg~svn20081228-2ubuntu2)
Links for scribus
Download Source Package scribus:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Oleksandr Moskalenko
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.scribus.net]
Open Source Desktop Page Layout
Scribus is an open source desktop page layout program with the aim of producing commercial grade output in PDF and Postscript, primarily, though not exclusively for Linux.
Scribus can be used for many tasks; from brochure design to newspapers, magazines, newsletters and posters to technical documentation. It has sophisticated page layout features like precision placing and rotating of text and/or images on a page, manual kerning of type, bezier curves polygons, precision placement of objects, layering with RGB and CMYK custom colors. The Scribus document file format is XML-based. Unlike proprietary binary file formats, even damaged documents, can be recovered with a simple text editor.
Scribus supports professional DTP features, such as CMYK color and a color management system to soft proof images for high quality color printing, flexible PDF creation options, Encapsulated PostScript import/export and creation of 4 color separations, import of EPS/PS and SVG as native vector graphics, Unicode text including right to left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew via freetype. Graphic formats which can be placed in Scribus as images include PDF, Encapsulated Post Script (eps), TIFF, JPEG, PNG and XPixMap(xpm), and any bitmap type supported by QT3.
Printing, PDF and SVG creation are done via custom driver libraries and plug-ins, giving Scribus inventive features: the abilities to include presentation effects with PDF output, fully scriptable interactive PDF forms, SVG vector file output. The internal printer drivers fully support Level 2 and Level 3/PDF 1.4 postscript features including transparency and font embedding.
When run from KDE, Drag and Drop, for example from desktop to the canvas, is enabled. There is easy to use drag and drop scrapbook for frequently used items such as text blocks, pictures and custom shaped frames.
Other Packages Related to scribus
- dep: libart-2.0-2 (>= 2.3.18)
- Library of functions for 2D graphics - runtime files
- dep: libcups2 (>= 1.4.0)
- Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - Core library
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.8.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libjpeg62
- The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: liblcms1 (>= 1.15-1)
- Color management library
- dep: libpython2.6 (>= 2.6)
- Shared Python runtime library (version 2.6)
- dep: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.8-b)
- Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), Version 3
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtiff4
- Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library
- dep: libx11-6 (>= 0)
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4)
- GNOME XML library
- dep: python
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-tk
- Tkinter - Writing Tk applications with Python
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime