Package: vm (8.0.13-1) [universe]
Links for vm
Download Source Package vm:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Manoj Srivastava
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [launchpad.net]
A mail user agent for Emacs.
VM (View Mail) is an Emacs subsystem that allows UNIX mail to be read and disposed of within Emacs. Commands exist to do the normal things expected of a mail user agent, such as generating replies, saving messages to folders, deleting messages and so on. There are other more advanced commands that do tasks like bursting and creating digests, message forwarding, and organizing message presentation according to various criteria. With smtpmail in modern emacsen, you do not need an MTA locally in order to use VM.
This package does not cater to XEmacs, since vm comes (by default) bundled in with XEmacs.
Other Packages Related to vm
- dep: emacs23
- The GNU Emacs editor (with GTK+ user interface)
also a virtual package provided by emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox
- or emacsen
- virtual package provided by emacs, emacs-snapshot, emacs-snapshot-nox, emacs22, emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox, emacs23, emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule
- dep: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- dep: ucf (>= 0.08)
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- sug: exim4
- metapackage to ease Exim MTA (v4) installation
- or sendmail
- powerful, efficient, and scalable Mail Transport Agent
- or mail-transport-agent
- virtual package provided by citadel-mta, courier-mta, dma, esmtp-run, exim4-daemon-heavy, exim4-daemon-light, lsb-invalid-mta, masqmail, msmtp-mta, nullmailer, postfix, sendmail-bin, ssmtp, xmail