パッケージ: whereami (0.3.34-0.2) [universe]
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Andrew McMillan
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Automatically reconfigure your (laptop) system for a new location
whereami is a set of useful scripts and a coordinating system for automatically re-locating your computer within the current (network) environment.
Typically, you would use whereami to automatically detect and re-configure your laptop when you move between a variety of diverse networks and/or docking environments.
Although whereami will work best if all of your networks assign addresses through dhcp, this is not a pre-requisite and the system allows any technique to be used to ascertain the new location with as little ongoing user intervention as possible.
Having ascertained the correct location, whereami will run appropriate (user-configured) scripts to adjust the laptop operation to suit the current environment.
See the man pages for more information. You may also get useful assistance from the debian-laptop mailing list, which is frequented by several of the users and contributors.
その他の whereami 関連パッケージ
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- rec: iputils-arping
- Tool to send ARP Requests for an IP address
- rec: resolvconf
- name server information handler
- rec: wireless-tools
- Tools for manipulating Linux Wireless Extensions
- sug: ethtool
- display or change Ethernet device settings
- sug: fping
- sends ICMP ECHO_REQUEST packets to network hosts
- sug: ifplugd
- configuration daemon for ethernet devices
- sug: net-tools
- The NET-3 networking toolkit
- sug: pcmcia-cs
- sug: squid
- Internet object cache (WWW proxy cache)
- または oops