Package: alien (8.79ubuntu0.1)
Links for alien
Download Source Package alien:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Joey Hess
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [kitenet.net]
convert and install rpm and other packages
Alien allows you to convert LSB, Red Hat, Stampede and Slackware Packages into Debian packages, which can be installed with dpkg.
It can also generate packages of any of the other formats.
This is a tool only suitable for binary packages.
Other Packages Related to alien
- dep: cpio
- GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of files
- dep: debhelper (>= 3)
- helper programs for debian/rules
- dep: dpkg-dev
- Debian package development tools
- dep: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: rpm (>= 2.4.4-2)
- package manager for RPM
- dep: rpm2cpio
- tool to convert RPM package to CPIO archive