Package: dmsetup (2:1.02.39-1ubuntu4.1)
Links for dmsetup
Download Source Package lvm2:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian LVM Team (Mail Archive)
- Bastian Blank
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [sources.redhat.com]
The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
The Linux Kernel Device Mapper is the LVM (Linux Logical Volume Management) Team's implementation of a minimalistic kernel-space driver that handles volume management, while keeping knowledge of the underlying device layout in user-space. This makes it useful for not only LVM, but EVMS, software raid, and other drivers that create "virtual" block devices.
This package contains a utility for modifying device mappings.
Other Packages Related to dmsetup
- dep: initramfs-tools
- tools for generating an initramfs
- dep: libdevmapper1.02.1 (>= 2:1.02.36)
- The Linux Kernel Device Mapper userspace library
- dep: udev (>> 141-2)
- rule-based device node and kernel event manager
- dep: util-linux (>> 2.16)
- Miscellaneous system utilities