Package: krb5-pkinit (1.8.1+dfsg-2ubuntu0.14) [universe]
Links for krb5-pkinit
Download Source Package krb5:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Sam Hartman
- Russ Allbery
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [web.mit.edu]
PKINIT plugin for MIT Kerberos
Kerberos is a system for authenticating users and services on a network. Kerberos is a trusted third-party service. That means that there is a third party (the Kerberos server) that is trusted by all the entities on the network (users and services, usually called "principals").
This is the MIT reference implementation of Kerberos V5.
This package contains a plugin for the PKINIT protocol, which allows Kerberos tickets to be obtained using public-key credentials such as X.509 certificates or a smart card. This plugin can be used by the client libraries and the KDC.
Other Packages Related to krb5-pkinit
- dep: libcomerr2 (>= 1.01)
- common error description library
- dep: libk5crypto3 (>= 1.8+dfsg)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Crypto Library
- dep: libkeyutils1
- Linux Key Management Utilities (library)
- dep: libkrb5-3 (= 1.8.1+dfsg-2ubuntu0.14)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
- dep: libkrb5support0 (>= 1.7dfsg~beta2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - Support library
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- sug: opensc
- Smart card utilities with support for PKCS#15 compatible cards