Package: gnupg (1.4.10-2ubuntu1.7)
Links for gnupg
Download Source Package gnupg:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian GnuPG-Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Sune Vuorela
- Daniel Leidert (dale)
- Thijs Kinkhorst
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.gnupg.org]
GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
GnuPG is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage. It can be used to encrypt data and to create digital signatures. It includes an advanced key management facility and is compliant with the proposed OpenPGP Internet standard as described in RFC2440.
The gnupg package is built without libcurl. So it does not support HKPS keyservers. Install the gnupg-curl package if you want to use the keyserver helper tools built with libcurl and supporting HKPS.
GnuPG does not use any patented algorithms. This means it cannot be compatible with PGP2, because that uses IDEA (which is patented in a number of countries).
Other Packages Related to gnupg
- dep: gpgv
- GNU privacy guard - signature verification tool
- dep: libbz2-1.0
- high-quality block-sorting file compressor library - runtime
- dep: libreadline6 (>= 6.0)
- GNU readline and history libraries, run-time libraries
- dep: libusb-0.1-4 (>= 2:0.1.12)
- userspace USB programming library
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: gnupg-curl
- GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement (cURL)
- rec: libldap-2.4-2 (>= 2.4.7)
- OpenLDAP libraries