Package: openssh-client (1:5.3p1-3ubuntu7.1) [security]
Links for openssh-client
Download Source Package openssh:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian OpenSSH Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Colin Watson
- Matthew Vernon
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines
This is the portable version of OpenSSH, a free implementation of the Secure Shell protocol as specified by the IETF secsh working group.
Ssh (Secure Shell) is a program for logging into a remote machine and for executing commands on a remote machine. It provides secure encrypted communications between two untrusted hosts over an insecure network. X11 connections and arbitrary TCP/IP ports can also be forwarded over the secure channel. It can be used to provide applications with a secure communication channel.
This package provides the ssh, scp and sftp clients, the ssh-agent and ssh-add programs to make public key authentication more convenient, and the ssh-keygen, ssh-keyscan, ssh-copy-id and ssh-argv0 utilities.
In some countries it may be illegal to use any encryption at all without a special permit.
ssh replaces the insecure rsh, rcp and rlogin programs, which are obsolete for most purposes.
Other Packages Related to openssh-client
- dep: adduser (>= 3.10)
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: dpkg (>= 1.7.0)
- Debian package management system
- dep: libedit2 (>= 2.5.cvs.20010821-1)
- BSD editline and history libraries
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.7+dfsg)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libssl0.9.8 (>= 0.9.8k-1)
- SSL shared libraries
- dep: passwd
- change and administer password and group data
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: xauth
- X authentication utility
- sug: keychain
- key manager for OpenSSH
- sug: libpam-ssh
- Single sign-on via private SSH key
- sug: openssh-blacklist
- list of default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys
- sug: openssh-blacklist-extra
- list of non-default blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSA keys