Package: autoconf (2.65-3ubuntu1)
Links for autoconf
Download Source Package autoconf:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Ben Pfaff
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.gnu.org]
automatic configure script builder
The standard for FSF source packages. This is only useful if you write your own programs or if you extensively modify other people's programs.
For an extensive library of additional Autoconf macros, install the `autoconf-archive' package.
The Debian project regards the full documentation for autoconf to be non-free, so it is not included in Debian. Nevertheless, the non-free distribution that accompanies Debian includes the manual in its `autoconf-doc' package.
This version of autoconf is not compatible with scripts meant for Autoconf 2.13 or earlier. If you need support for such scripts, you must also install the autoconf2.13 package.
Other Packages Related to autoconf
- dep: debianutils (>= 1.8)
- Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian
- dep: m4 (>= 1.4.13)
- a macro processing language
- dep: perl (>> 5.005)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- sug: autoconf-archive
- The Autoconf Macro Archive
- sug: autoconf-doc
- automatic configure script builder documentation
- sug: autoconf2.13
- automatic configure script builder (obsolete version)
- sug: gettext
- GNU Internationalization utilities
- sug: gnu-standards
- GNU coding and package maintenance standards
- sug: libtool
- Generic library support script