Package: blast2 (1:188.8.131.5290809-1) [universe]
Links for blast2
Download Source Package ncbi-tools6:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Aaron M. Ucko
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.ncbi.nih.gov]
Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
The famous sequence alignment program. This is "official" NCBI version, #2. The blastall executable allows you to give a nucleotide or protein sequence to the program. It is compared against databases and a summary of matches is returned to the user.
Note that databases are not included in Debian; they must be retrieved manually.
Other Packages Related to blast2
- dep: libncbi6 (<< 6.1.20090809.1)
- NCBI libraries for biology applications
- dep: libncbi6 (>= 6.1.20090809)
- sug: libvibrant6a
- NCBI libraries for graphic biology applications
- sug: ncbi-rrna-data
- large rRNA BLAST databases distributed with the NCBI toolkit
- sug: ncbi-tools-bin
- NCBI libraries for biology applications (text-based utilities)
- sug: ncbi-tools-x11
- NCBI libraries for biology applications (X-based utilities)