Package: bzr (2.1.1-1)
Links for bzr
Download Source Package bzr:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian Bazaar Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Jeff Bailey
- Wouter van Heyst
- Reinhard Tartler
- Jelmer Vernooij
- John Francesco Ferlito
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [bazaar-vcs.org]
easy to use distributed version control system
Bazaar is a distributed version control system designed to be easy to use and intuitive, able to adapt to many workflows, reliable, and easily extendable.
Publishing of branches can be done over plain HTTP, that is, no special software is needed on the server to host Bazaar branches. Branches can be pushed to the server via sftp (which most SSH instalations come with), FTP, or over a custom and faster protocol if bzr is installed in the remote end.
Merging in Bazaar is easy, as the implementation is able to avoid many spurious conflicts, deals well with repeated merges between branches, and is able to handle modifications to renamed files correctly.
Bazaar is written in Python, and has a flexible plugin interface which can be used to extend its functionality. Many plugins exist, providing useful commands (bzrtools), graphical interfaces (bzr-gtk), or native interaction with Subversion branches (bzr-svn).
Install python-paramiko if you are going to push branches to remote hosts with sftp, and python-pycurl if you'd like for SSL certificates always to be verified.
Other Packages Related to bzr
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- dep: python-central (>= 0.6.11)
- register and build utility for Python packages
- dep: python-configobj
- simple but powerful config file reader and writer for Python
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: bzrtools
- Collection of tools for bzr
- rec: ca-certificates
- Common CA certificates
- rec: python-paramiko
- Make ssh v2 connections with Python
- sug: bzr-doc
- easy to use distributed version control system (documentation)
- sug: bzr-gtk
- provides graphical interfaces to Bazaar (bzr) version control
- sug: bzr-svn
- Bazaar plugin providing Subversion integration
- sug: python-kerberos (>= 1.0+svn2455-1)
- A GSSAPI interface module for Python
- sug: python-pycurl
- Python bindings to libcurl
- sug: xdg-utils
- desktop integration utilities from freedesktop.org