Package: checksecurity (2.0.13ubuntu2)
Links for checksecurity
Download Source Package checksecurity:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
basic system security checks
Checksecurity does some very basic system security checks, such as looking for changes in which programs have setuid permissions, and that remote filesystems are not allowed to have runnable setuid programs.
Note that these are not to be considered in any way complete, and you should not rely on checksecurity to actually provide any useful information concerning the security or vulnerability of your system.
The lockfile-progs package is only a "Suggests" because of the poor way that dselect handles "Recommends", but I do strongly suggest that you install it; it prevents /etc/cron.daily/standard from running multiple times if something gets jammed.
Checksecurity was previously part of the cron package.
Other Packages Related to checksecurity
- dep: perl (>= 5.8.0)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: util-linux (>= 2.15~rc1-1)
- Miscellaneous system utilities
- sug: fcron
- cron-like scheduler with extended capabilities
- sug: lockfile-progs
- Programs for locking and unlocking files and mailboxes
- sug: logcheck
- mails anomalies in the system logfiles to the administrator
- sug: tiger
- Report system security vulnerabilities