Package: chef-server-slice (0.7.10-0ubuntu1.1) [universe]
Links for chef-server-slice
Download Source Package chef:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Joshua Timberman
- Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [wiki.opscode.com]
Merb app slice providing centralized management for Chef
Chef is a systems integration framework and configuration management system written in Ruby. Chef provides a Ruby library and API that can be used to bring the benefits of configuration management to an entire infrastructure.
The Chef Server is a Merb application that provides centralized storage and distribution for recipes stored in "cookbooks," management and authentication of client nodes and node data, and search indexes for that data.
The chef-server-slice package contains all the goods for the Chef Server and is started with the chef-server program.
This package contains the Merb slice for the chef-server.
Other Packages Related to chef-server-slice
- dep: couchdb
- RESTful document oriented database, system DB
- dep: libchef-ruby
- Ruby libraries for Chef configuration management system
- dep: libcoderay-ruby
- Ruby library for syntax highlighting
- dep: libferret-ruby
- full text search engine library for Ruby
- dep: libjson-ruby
- JSON library for Ruby (default Ruby version)
- dep: libmerb-assets-ruby
- Plugin library for Merb that provides helpers for assets
- dep: libmerb-haml-ruby
- Plugin library for Merb that provides access to libhaml-ruby
- dep: libmerb-helpers-ruby
- Plugin library for Merb that provides view helpers
- dep: libopenid-ruby
- Ruby library for verifying and serving OpenID identities
- dep: merb-slices
- Merb plugin to modularize an application by creating 'slices'
- dep: mongrel
- A small fast HTTP library and server for Ruby
- dep: ruby
- An interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby
- dep: stompserver
- stomp messaging server implemented in ruby