Package: clamav-freshclam (0.97.8+dfsg-1ubuntu1.10.04.1) [security]
Links for clamav-freshclam
Download Source Package clamav:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- ClamAV Team (Mail Archive)
- Stephen Gran
- Michael Meskes
- Michael Tautschnig
- Scott Kitterman
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.clamav.net]
anti-virus utility for Unix - virus database update utility
Clam AntiVirus is an anti-virus toolkit for Unix. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon in the clamav-daemon package, a command-line scanner in the clamav package, and a tool for automatic updating via the Internet in the clamav-freshclam package. The programs are based on libclamav6, which can be used by other software.
This package contains the freshclam program and scripts to automate virus database updating. It relies on an Internet connection, but can be run in a variety of ways to compensate for intermittent connections.
Other Packages Related to clamav-freshclam
- dep: clamav-base (>= 0.97.8+dfsg-1ubuntu1.10.04.1)
- anti-virus utility for Unix - base package
- dep: libclamav6 (>= 0.97.8+dfsg)
- anti-virus utility for Unix - library
- dep: logrotate
- Log rotation utility
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-13)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: ucf
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime