Package: cupt (1.5.1) [universe]
Links for cupt
Download Source Package cupt:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Eugene V. Lyubimkin
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [wiki.debian.org]
alternative front-end for dpkg -- console interface
This package provides a console interface to Cupt library, which is a re-implementation of libapt-pkg C++ library using Perl. The aim is to produce more strict, more robust, less buggy front-end than APT.
Cupt uses the same APT infrastructure, e.g. index files, deb cache archive files, configuration files. It understands some of widely used APT options.
- strict full-case resolver; - resolver reasons tracking; - command-line and APT-like option name checker; - case-sensitive search; - pinning by source package name; - pinning by package groups using shell-like patterns; - configurable 'depends' and 'rdepends' subcommands; - 'satisfy' subcommand; - support of LZMA-compressed indexes; - source versions synchronization; - 'shell' subcommand (to get command history, search etc. working, install the package 'libterm-readline-gnu-perl'); - integration with debdelta (to get it, install the package 'debdelta'); - system snapshots (needs packages 'dpkg-dev' and 'dpkg-repack').
Its interface is mostly like apt-get/aptitude console interface.
Other Packages Related to cupt
- dep: libcupt-perl (<< 1.6)
- alternative front-end for dpkg -- Perl modules
- dep: libcupt-perl (>= 1.5)
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: sensible-utils
- Utilities for sensible alternative selection
- sug: libterm-readline-gnu-perl
- Perl extension for the GNU Readline/History Library