Package: cython (0.11.2-1) [universe]
Links for cython
Download Source Package cython:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Python Applications Packaging Team (Mail Archive)
- Ondrej Certik
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [cython.org]
C-Extensions for Python
Cython is a language that makes writing C extensions for the Python language as easy as Python itself. Cython is based on the well-known Pyrex, but supports more cutting edge functionality and optimizations.
The Cython language is very close to the Python language, but Cython additionally supports calling C functions and declaring C types on variables and class attributes. This allows the compiler to generate very efficient C code from Cython code.
This makes Cython the ideal language for wrapping for external C libraries, and for fast C modules that speed up the execution of Python code.
Other Packages Related to cython
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3) [amd64]
- Embedded GNU C Library: Shared libraries
also a virtual package provided by libc6-udeb
- dep: libc6 (>= 2.3.6-6~) [i386]
- dep: python (<< 2.7)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python (>= 2.5)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- dep: python2.6
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.6)
- sug: gcc
- The GNU C compiler