Package: dictd (1.11.2+dfsg-2)
Links for dictd
Download Source Package dictd:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Robert Luberda
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [sourceforge.net]
This package provides a TCP-based server that allows a client to access dictionary definitions from a set of natural language dictionary databases.
Many dictionary databases have been packaged for use with dictd. They are described in the /usr/share/doc/dictd/README.Debian.gz file.
Either dict-gcide or dict-wn is essential for a useful English language dictionary server. It is strongly recommended that both be installed. If you are interested in computer terminology, it is recommended to install at least dict-jargon, dict-foldoc, or dict-vera.
The client program, dict, is packaged separately and is needed on all machines that will use the server.
Other Packages Related to dictd
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: dictzip (>= 1.11.2+dfsg)
- compression utility for dictionary databases
- dep: libmaa2 (>= 1.2.0)
- The maa programming library
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-13)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: netbase
- Basic TCP/IP networking system
- dep: ucf (>= 3)
- Update Configuration File: preserve user changes to config files.
- dep: update-inetd
- inetd configuration file updater
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- sug: dict-foldoc
- FOLDOC dictionary database
- sug: dict-gcide
- A Comprehensive English Dictionary
- or dictd-dictionary
- virtual package provided by dacco-cat-users, dict-de-en, dict-devil, dict-easton, dict-elements, dict-foldoc, dict-freedict-afr-deu, dict-freedict-ara-eng, dict-freedict-cro-eng, dict-freedict-cze-eng, dict-freedict-dan-eng, dict-freedict-deu-eng, dict-freedict-deu-fra, dict-freedict-deu-ita, dict-freedict-deu-nld, dict-freedict-deu-por, dict-freedict-eng-ara, dict-freedict-eng-cro, dict-freedict-eng-cze, dict-freedict-eng-deu, dict-freedict-eng-fra, dict-freedict-eng-hin, dict-freedict-eng-hun, dict-freedict-eng-iri, dict-freedict-eng-ita, dict-freedict-eng-lat, dict-freedict-eng-nld, dict-freedict-eng-por, dict-freedict-eng-rom, dict-freedict-eng-rus, dict-freedict-eng-scr, dict-freedict-eng-spa, dict-freedict-eng-swa, dict-freedict-eng-swe, dict-freedict-eng-tur, dict-freedict-eng-wel, dict-freedict-fra-deu, dict-freedict-fra-eng, dict-freedict-fra-nld, dict-freedict-gla-deu, dict-freedict-hin-eng, dict-freedict-hun-eng, dict-freedict-iri-eng, dict-freedict-ita-deu, dict-freedict-ita-eng, dict-freedict-jpn-deu, dict-freedict-lat-deu, dict-freedict-lat-eng, dict-freedict-nld-deu, dict-freedict-nld-eng, dict-freedict-nld-fra, dict-freedict-por-deu, dict-freedict-por-eng, dict-freedict-scr-eng, dict-freedict-slo-eng, dict-freedict-spa-eng, dict-freedict-swa-eng, dict-freedict-swe-eng, dict-freedict-tur-deu, dict-freedict-tur-eng, dict-freedict-wel-eng, dict-gazetteer, dict-gcide, dict-hitchcock, dict-jargon, dict-stardic, dict-vera, dict-wn, dict-xdict, mueller7-dict, mueller7accent-dict
- sug: dict-jargon
- dict package for The Jargon Lexicon
- sug: dict-wn
- electronic lexical database of English language for dict