Package: fam (2.7.0-16.1) [universe]
Links for fam
Download Source Package fam:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Chuan-kai Lin
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [oss.sgi.com]
File Alteration Monitor
FAM monitors files and directories, notifying interested applications of changes.
This package provides a server that can monitor a given list of files and notify applications through a socket. If the kernel supports dnotify (kernels >= 2.4.x) FAM is notified directly by the kernel. Otherwise it has to poll the files' status. FAM can also provide an RPC service for monitoring remote files (such as on a mounted NFS filesystem).
Other Packages Related to fam
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.2-13)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- dep: update-inetd
- inetd configuration file updater