Package: fwsnort (1.1-1) [universe]
Links for fwsnort
Download Source Package fwsnort:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Franck Joncourt
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.cipherdyne.org]
Snort-to-iptables rule translator
Fwsnort translates Snort rules into equivalent iptables rules and generates a shell script that implements the resulting iptables commands.
This allows network traffic that matches Snort signatures to be logged and/or dropped by iptables directly without putting any interface into promiscuous mode or queuing packets from kernel to user space.
Other Packages Related to fwsnort
- dep: iptables
- administration tools for packet filtering and NAT
- dep: libiptables-parse-perl
- Perl extension for parsing iptables firewall rulesets
- dep: libnetwork-ipv4addr-perl
- Perl extension for manipulating IPv4 addresses
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- rec: snort-rules-default
- flexible Network Intrusion Detection System ruleset