Package: qtads (1.9-1) [universe]
Links for qtads
Download Source Package qtads:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Daniel Schepler
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Qt text-only interpreter for TADS
This package provides an interpreter for TADS game files, using a Qt interface. It can run either TADS 2 games (which have an extension of .gam) or TADS 3 games (which have an extension of .t3). See http://www.ifarchive.org/indexes/if-archiveXgamesXtads.html for a large collection of available TADS games.
This interpreter only supports text output. Games using HTML-TADS multimedia features will still work, but you won't see graphics or hear sounds. Other features include:
* Full Unicode support for TADS 3 and HTML TADS games. * Full text justification. * Support for multiple user configurations, which you can switch between at runtime.
TADS, the Text Adventure Development System, is a system for writing and playing interactive fiction games. This means that the primary method for interacting with the game is to type in commands, to which the game produces a response in prose -- similar to Infocom's games from the 1980's.
Other Packages Related to qtads
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libqt3-i18n
- i18n files for Qt3 library
- dep: libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.8-b)
- Qt GUI Library (Threaded runtime version), Version 3
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libx11-6
- X11 client-side library
- dep: libxext6
- X11 miscellaneous extension library