Package: gnome-speech-dectalk (1:0.4.25-1ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for gnome-speech-dectalk
Download Source Package gnome-speech:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Mario Lang
- Debian GNOME Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Mario Lang
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
GNOME text-to-speech library (Fonix DECtalk engine support)
The GNOME Speech library gives a simple yet general API for programs to convert text into speech, as well as speech input.
This package provides the source code required to compile a driver for the commercial DECtalk software speech synthesis engine and voices from Fonix (http://www.fonix.com/). Upon installation, it will automatically attempt to compile and install the dectalk-synthesis-driver binary required to use GNOME Speech with dectalk.
This package is only useful if the dectalk engine is already installed on the system.
Other Packages Related to gnome-speech-dectalk
- dep: gcc
- The GNU C compiler
- dep: libbonobo2-dev
- Bonobo CORBA interfaces library -- development files
- dep: libglib2.0-dev
- Development files for the GLib library
- dep: libgnome-speech-dev (= 1:0.4.25-1ubuntu1)
- GNOME text-to-speech library (development headers)
- dep: liborbit2-dev
- development files for ORBit2 - a CORBA ORB