Package: ocropus (0.3.1-2) [universe]
Links for ocropus
Download Source Package ocropus:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Jeffrey Ratcliffe
- Jakub Wilk
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [code.google.com]
document analysis and OCR system
OCRopus(tm) is a state-of-the-art document analysis and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) system, featuring pluggable layout analysis, pluggable character recognition, statistical natural language modeling, and multi-lingual capabilities.
The OCRopus engine is based on two research projects: a high-performance handwriting recognizer developed in the mid-90's and deployed by the US Census bureau, and novel high-performance layout analysis methods.
OCRopus development is sponsored by Google and is initially intended for high-throughput, high-volume document conversion efforts. It will also be an excellent OCR system for many other applications.
Other Packages Related to ocropus
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libiulib0
- C++ library of image understanding-related algorithms
- dep: libjpeg62
- The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: liblua5.1-0
- Simple, extensible, embeddable programming language
- dep: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4)
- PNG library - runtime
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.1.1)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
- dep: libtiff4
- Tag Image File Format (TIFF) library
- dep: ocropus-data (= 0.3.1-2)
- document analysis and OCR system --- data files
- dep: zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4)
- compression library - runtime
- rec: tesseract-ocr (>= 2.03-2)
- Command line OCR tool