Package: emacspeak (29.0-5) [universe]
Links for emacspeak
Download Source Package emacspeak:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- James R. Van Zandt
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [emacspeak.sf.net]
speech output interface to Emacs
Emacspeak is a speech output system that will allow someone who cannot see to work directly on a UNIX system.
Emacspeak is built on top of Emacs. Once Emacs is started with Emacspeak loaded, users get spoken feedback for all actions. As Emacs can do everything, they get speech feedback for everything they do.
This package includes speech servers written in Tcl to support the DECtalk Express and DECtalk MultiVoice speech synthesizers. For other synthesizers, look for separate speech server packages such as emacspeak-ss and eflite.
Other Packages Related to emacspeak
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: debconf
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: emacsen
- virtual package provided by emacs, emacs-snapshot, emacs-snapshot-nox, emacs22, emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox, emacs23, emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule
- or emacs23
- The GNU Emacs editor (with GTK+ user interface)
also a virtual package provided by emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox
- dep: emacsen-common
- Common facilities for all emacsen
- dep: make
- An utility for Directing compilation.
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- dep: tcl8.4
- Tcl (the Tool Command Language) v8.4 - run-time files
- dep: tclx8.4
- Extended Tcl (TclX) - shared library
- sug: eflite
- Festival-Lite based emacspeak speech server
- sug: emacspeak-ss
- Emacspeak speech servers for several synthesizers
- sug: espeak
- A multi-lingual software speech synthesizer
- sug: psgml
- An Emacs major mode for editing SGML documents
- sug: xsltproc
- XSLT command line processor