Package: jed (1:0.99.19-1) [universe]
Links for jed
Download Source Package jed:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian JED Group (Mail Archive)
- Rafael Laboissiere
- Jörg Sommer
- Günter Milde
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.jedsoft.org]
editor for programmers (textmode version)
Jed is a small, fast (faster startup than bash) and powerful text editor.
Completely customizable with prepared emulation modes for Emacs, CUA (similar to KDE/Gnome/Openoffice), Borland-IDE, Brief, and EDT. Extensible in the S-Lang scripting language (with a syntax resembling C).
Editing functions: folding support; rectangular cut/paste; regular expression search/replace; incremental searches; search/replace across multiple files; multiple windows; multiple buffers; ...
Tools: directory editor (dired); info (browse GNU info files); mail; rmail; ispell; shell mode; ...
Special modes (syntax highlight, indention, compile, ...) for Basic, C, C++, DCL, FORTRAN, IDL, Java, NROFF, Pascal, Perl, PHP, PostScript, Python, SH. Modes for markup languages include HTML and (La)TeX (with AUC-TeX style editing and BibTeX)
Additional tools and modes can be found in the jed-extra package.
Other Packages Related to jed
- dep: install-info
- Manage installed documentation in info format
- dep: jed-common (= 1:0.99.19-1)
- S-Lang runtime files for jed and xjed
- dep: libgpm2 (>= 1.20.4)
- General Purpose Mouse - shared library
- dep: libslang2 (>= 2.0.7-1)
- The S-Lang programming library - runtime version
- sug: gpm
- General Purpose Mouse interface