Package: icon-slicer (0.3-5) [universe]
Links for icon-slicer
Download Source Package icon-slicer:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian OLPC (Mail Archive)
- Jonas Smedegaard
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [freedesktop.org]
utility for generating icon themes and libXcursor cursor themes
The inputs to icon-slicer are conceptually:
- A set of multi-layer images, one for each size - Am XML theme description file
Each image contains all the cursors arranged in a grid; For cursors the layers are:
- A layer with a dot for the hotspot of each cursor - The main image or first animation frame for multi-frame animated cursors - The second animation frame for multi-frame animated cursors - ...
For icons, the layers are:
- A layer with the images - An optional layer with attachment points for emblems - An optional layer with boxes for embedding text into icons
In practice, since loading of multilayer images is not supported by standard image libraries, each layer is input as a separate image file.
The theme description file contains, among other things, information about the source images to read, the location of each named cursor or icon within the grid, and a set of aliases from names to other names.
Other Packages Related to icon-slicer
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0)
- The GTK+ graphical user interface library
- dep: libpopt0 (>= 1.15)
- lib for parsing cmdline parameters
- dep: x11-apps
- X applications