Package: motion (3.2.11-2ubuntu4) [universe]
Links for motion
Download Source Package motion:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Juan Angulo Moreno
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [motion.sf.net]
V4L capture program supporting motion detection
Motion is a program that monitors the video signal from one or more cameras and is able to detect if a significant part of the picture has changed. Or in other words, it can detect motion.
Motion is a command line based tool. It has no graphical user interface. Everything is setup either via the command line or via configuration files.
The output from motion can be:
- jpg files - ppm format files - mpeg video sequences
Also, motion has its own minimalistic web server. Thus, you can access the webcam output from motion via a browser.
Other Packages Related to motion
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: debconf
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: libjpeg62
- The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime library
- dep: libmysqlclient16 (>= 5.1.21-1)
- MySQL database client library
- dep: libpq5 (>= 8.4~0cvs20090328)
- PostgreSQL C client library
- rec: ffmpeg
- multimedia player, server and encoder