Package: sane (1.0.14-9) [universe]
Links for sane
Download Source Package sane-frontends:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Julien BLACHE
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
scanner graphical frontends
This package includes :
o xscanimage, a scanner graphical frontend with GIMP 2.0 support o scanadf, a command-line frontend for scanners with Automatic Document Feeder o xcam, for acquiring images continuously from cameras.
An alternative to xscanimage called xsane is packaged separately.
The scanner frontends use SANE. SANE stands for "Scanner Access Now Easy" and is an application programming interface (API) that provides standardized access to any raster image scanner hardware (flatbed scanner, hand-held scanner, video- and still-cameras, frame-grabbers, etc.). The SANE standard is free and its discussion and development are open to everybody. The current source code is written to support several operating systems, including GNU/Linux, OS/2, Win32 and various Unices and is available under the GNU General Public License (commercial applications and backends are welcome, too, however).
Other Packages Related to sane
- dep: libatk1.0-0 (>= 1.20.0)
- The ATK accessibility toolkit
- dep: libcairo2 (>= 1.2.4)
- The Cairo 2D vector graphics library
- dep: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.4.0)
- generic font configuration library - runtime
- dep: libfreetype6 (>= 2.2.1)
- FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files
- dep: libgimp2.0 (>= 2.4.0)
- Libraries for the GNU Image Manipulation Program
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.16.0)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgtk2.0-0 (>= 2.8.0)
- The GTK+ graphical user interface library
- dep: libpango1.0-0 (>= 1.14.0)
- Layout and rendering of internationalized text
- dep: libsane (>= 1.0.11-3)
- API library for scanners
- sug: gimp
- The GNU Image Manipulation Program