Package: offlineimap (6.2.0+nmu2ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for offlineimap
Download Source Package offlineimap:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- John Goerzen
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [software.complete.org]
IMAP/Maildir synchronization and reader support
OfflineIMAP is a tool to simplify your e-mail reading. With OfflineIMAP, you can:
* Read the same mailbox from multiple computers, and have your changes (deletions, etc.) be automatically reflected on all computers
* Use various mail clients to read a single mail box
* Read mail while offline (on a laptop) and have all changes synchronized when you get connected again
* Read IMAP mail with mail readers that do not support IMAP
* Use SSL (secure connections) to read IMAP mail even if your reader doesn't support SSL
* Synchronize your mail using a completely safe and fault-tolerant algorithm. (At least I think it is!)
* Customize which mailboxes to synchronize with regular expressions or lists.
* Synchronize your mail two to four times faster than with other tools or other mail readers' internal IMAP support.
In short, OfflineIMAP is a tool to let you read mail how YOU want to.
Other Packages Related to offlineimap
- dep: python (>= 2.6)
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.90.0)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- sug: python-kerberos
- A GSSAPI interface module for Python