Package: qpsmtpd (0.84-1) [universe]
Links for qpsmtpd
Download Source Package qpsmtpd:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Devin Carraway
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [smtpd.develooper.com]
Flexible SMTP daemon for network-level spam detection
This is a replacement SMTP damon which installs alongside a mail delivery and transport system such as Exim, Postfix or Qmail, or used as an SMTP proxy for a remote/DMZ MTA.
The qpsmtpd damon emphasizes spam detection during the SMTP transaction, attempting to reach spam/nonspam decisions prior to accepting each message, thereby eliminating much bounce/forgery blowback. It exploits its visbility into the network transaction to detect certain behaviors often exhibited by spam sending agents.
Qpsmtpd is written in Perl, with an extensive plugin API making it easy to add new features or replace functional components.
Other Packages Related to qpsmtpd
- dep: adduser (>= 3.0)
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: debconf (>= 1.0.0)
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: libclamav-client-perl
- A client for the ClamAV virus scanner daemon
- dep: libdigest-hmac-perl
- create standard message integrity checks
- dep: libipc-shareable-perl
- Access IPC shared memory segments through perl
- dep: libmail-spf-query-perl
- query SPF (Sender Policy Framework) to validate mail senders
- dep: libmailtools-perl
- Manipulate email in perl programs
- dep: libnet-dns-perl
- Perform DNS queries from a Perl script
- dep: libsocket6-perl
- Perl extensions for IPv6
- dep: perl
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language