Package: t-prot (2.12-1) [universe]
Links for t-prot
Download Source Package t-prot:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Gerfried Fuchs
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [www.escape.de]
display filter for RFC822 messages
This program is a filter which shall improve the readability of messages (email and posts) by *hiding* some annoying parts, e.g. mailing list footers, signatures and TOFU as well as squeezing sequences of blank lines or punctuation.
TOFU is an acronym that stands for "Text oben, Fullquote unten" (German language) which means the style of sadly so many people that just leave all the quotes in a reply and add some own lines above. This acronym is what gave the script its name - TOFU Protection.
It currently offers hints how to include it within mutt, slrn or inn2. It should be possible to do similars with other programs that allow to have a message run through a filter before it's displayed. If you use such a program we'd be interested if you could send in your setup.
Other Packages Related to t-prot
- dep: libgetopt-mixed-perl
- Perl module for processing options in GNU-style (= long and short)
- dep: liblocale-gettext-perl
- Using libc functions for internationalization in Perl
- dep: perl (>= 5.6.0-16)
- Larry Wall's Practical Extraction and Report Language
- rec: mutt (>= 220.127.116.11)
- text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and threading