Package: xmaxima (5.20.1-5ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for xmaxima
Download Source Package maxima:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Camm Maguire
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
A computer algebra system -- x interface
Maxima is a fully symbolic computation program. It is full featured doing symbolic manipulation of polynomials, matrices, rational functions, integration, Todd-coxeter methods for finite group analysis, graphing, multiple precision floating point computation. It has a symbolic source level debugger for maxima code. Maxima is based on the original Macsyma developed at MIT in the 1970s. It is quite reliable, and has good garbage collection, and no memory leaks. It comes with hundreds of self tests.
This package contains an X Windows interface using the tcl/tk libraries.
Other Packages Related to xmaxima
- dep: maxima (>= 5.20.1-5ubuntu1)
- A computer algebra system -- base system
- dep: maxima-doc (>= 5.20.1-5ubuntu1)
- A computer algebra system -- documentation
- dep: maxima-test (>= 5.20.1-5ubuntu1)
- A computer algebra system -- test suite
- sug: texmacs
- WYSIWYG mathematical text editor using TeX fonts