Package: ddclient (3.8.0-9ubuntu2) [universe]
Links for ddclient
Download Source Package ddclient:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Torsten Landschoff
- Marco Rodrigues
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [ddclient.sf.net]
address updating utility for dynamic DNS services
This package provides a client to update dynamic IP addresses with several dynamic DNS service providers, such as DynDNS.com.
This makes it possible to use a fixed hostname (such as myhost.dyndns.org) to access a machine with a dynamic IP address.
This client supports both dynamic and (near) static services, as well as MX record and alternative name management. It caches the address, and only attempts the update when it has changed.
Other Packages Related to ddclient
- dep: initscripts (>= 2.86)
- scripts for initializing and shutting down the system
- dep: lsb-base (>= 3.1)
- Linux Standard Base 4.0 init script functionality
- rec: libio-socket-ssl-perl
- Perl module implementing object oriented interface to SSL sockets