Package: guessnet (0.53-1) [universe]
Links for guessnet
Download Source Package guessnet:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Enrico Zini
- martin f. krafft
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Guess which LAN a network device is connected to
Guessnet is a non-aggressive network detection tool to use when moving a machine among networks which don't necessarily provide DHCP.
Guessnet takes in input a list of candidate network profiles, each of which includes a test description; then it runs all the tests in parallel and prints the name of the profile whose test was the first one to succeed.
Available tests are:
* ARP probes to check for known hosts in the network * link beat check, to check if the interface is connected to anything * PPPOE check to see if there is a concentrator accessible via PPPOE * Checks provided by custom arbitrary scripts.
Guessnet can be used in either native mode or "ifupdown mode". In the latter case guessnet integrates nicely with ifupdown as a "mapping script".
Other Packages Related to guessnet
- dep: libgcc1 (>= 1:4.1.1)
- GCC support library
- dep: libiw30 (>= 30~pre1)
- Wireless tools - library
- dep: libnet1 (>= 18.104.22.168)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.8)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- dep: libstdc++6 (>= 4.4.0)
- The GNU Standard C++ Library v3