Package: ipwatchd (1.2-0ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for ipwatchd
Download Source Package ipwatchd:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Jaroslav Imrich
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [ipwatchd.sf.net]
IP conflict detection tool
IPwatchD is a simple daemon that analyses all incoming ARP packets in order to detect IP conflicts on Linux. It can be configured to listen on one or more interfaces (alias interfaces are also supported) in active or passive mode. In active mode IPwatchD protects your host before IP takeover by answering Gratuitous ARP requests received from conflicting system. In passive mode it just records information about conflict through standard syslog interface.
Other Packages Related to ipwatchd
- dep: libnet1 (>= 184.108.40.206)
- library for the construction and handling of network packets
- dep: libpcap0.8 (>= 0.9.8)
- system interface for user-level packet capture
- sug: ipwatchd-gnotify
- Gnome notification tool for IPwatchD