Package: monkeysphere (0.28-1) [universe]
Links for monkeysphere
Download Source Package monkeysphere:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Jameson Rollins
- Daniel Kahn Gillmor
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [web.monkeysphere.info]
leverage the OpenPGP web of trust for SSH and TLS authentication
SSH key-based authentication is tried-and-true, but it lacks a true Public Key Infrastructure for key certification, revocation and expiration. Monkeysphere is a framework that uses the OpenPGP web of trust for these PKI functions. It can be used in both directions: for users to get validated host keys, and for hosts to authenticate users. Current monkeysphere SSH tools are designed to integrate with the OpenSSH implementation of the Secure Shell protocol.
Monkeysphere can also be used by a validation agent to validate TLS connections (e.g. https).
Other Packages Related to monkeysphere
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: gnupg
- GNU privacy guard - a free PGP replacement
- dep: libcrypt-openssl-rsa-perl
- Perl module providing basic RSA functionality
- dep: openssh-client
- secure shell (SSH) client, for secure access to remote machines