Package: pidgin-otr (3.2.0-5ubuntu0.10.04.1) [security] [universe]
Links for pidgin-otr
Download Source Package pidgin-otr:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Thibaut VARENE
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
Off-the-Record Messaging plugin for pidgin
Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging plugin for pidgin
OTR allows you to have private conversations over IM by providing:
- Encryption - No one else can read your instant messages. - Authentication - You are assured the correspondent is who you think it is. - Deniability - The messages you send do _not_ have digital signatures that are checkable by a third party. Anyone can forge messages after a conversation to make them look like they came from you. However, _during_ a conversation, your correspondent is assured the messages he sees are authentic and unmodified. - Perfect forward secrecy - If you lose control of your private keys, no previous conversation is compromised.
This is a pidgin plugin which implements Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging.
Other Packages Related to pidgin-otr
- dep: libgcrypt11 (>= 1.4.2)
- LGPL Crypto library - runtime library
- dep: libotr2 (>= 3.2.0)
- Off-the-Record Messaging library
- dep: pidgin (<< 1:3.0)
- graphical multi-protocol instant messaging client for X
- dep: pidgin (>= 1:2.6)