Package: pidgin-sipe (1.8.0-1ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for pidgin-sipe
Download Source Package pidgin-sipe:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Anibal Avelar
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [sipe.sourceforge.net]
Pidgin plugin for connect to LCS/OCS
SIP is a popular VoIP protocol that contains a IM (Instant Messenger) subprotocol called SIP/SIMPLE. SIP/SIMPLE is an open protocol with a documented specification.
MSN's Live Communication Server (LCS) is very similar to the SIP/SIMPLE protocol but diverges from the standard specification. This pidgin plug-in provides support for the LCS protocol which it calls SIPE (SIP Exchange).
This plugin has full support for LCS 2005 and OCS 2007. Partial LCS 2003.
The stable version has full support for:
o Send/receive messages o Full presence (both sides) o To add/remove/move contacts o TLS/SSL support (port 5061) o Search contacts
Other Packages Related to pidgin-sipe
- dep: libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.23.5)
- The GLib library of C routines
- dep: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.7+dfsg)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - krb5 GSS-API Mechanism
- dep: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2)
- MIT Kerberos runtime libraries
- dep: libpurple0 (>= 1:2.6.0)
- multi-protocol instant messaging library