Package: leafnode (1.11.7.rel-2) [universe]
Links for leafnode
Download Source Package leafnode:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- Robert Grimm
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [leafnode.org]
NNTP server for small sites
Leafnode is a news server suitable for small, limited-bandwidth sites with only a few users ('leaf' sites). It keeps track of which groups are being read, and downloads only articles in those groups. Leafnode has been designed to require no maintenance and to be easy to set up.
Perl and the libnet-perl package are required to use some optional features of the package for handling very low volume newsgroups.
Other Packages Related to leafnode
- dep: debconf
- Debian configuration management system
- dep: libpcre3 (>= 7.7)
- Perl 5 Compatible Regular Expression Library - runtime files
- dep: logrotate
- Log rotation utility
- dep: tcpd
- Wietse Venema's TCP wrapper utilities
- sug: slrn
- threaded news reader (fast for slow links)
- or news-reader
- virtual package provided by claws-mail, emacs, emacs-snapshot, emacs-snapshot-nox, emacs22, emacs22-gtk, emacs22-nox, emacs23, emacs23-lucid, emacs23-nox, gnus, im, knews, knode, lusernet.app, lynx-cur, mew, mew-beta, nn, seamonkey-mailnews, slrn, sylpheed, tin, trn, trn4, wl, wl-beta, xemacs21-mule, xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn, xemacs21-nomule