Package: papercut (0.9.13-7ubuntu1) [universe]
Links for papercut
Download Source Package papercut:
Original Maintainer (usually from Debian):
- César Gómez Martín
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [pessoal.org]
simple and extensible NNTP server
Papercut is a simple NNTP server. Its main objective is to integrate existing web based message board software with an Usenet front-end.
However, using Python, new article containers can be added to store and retrieve messages from various source and formats.
This package contains the following storage classes:
- Phorum web bulletin board (on MySQL or PostgreSQL), - phpBB web bulletin board, - PHPNuke/NukeBB web bulletin board, - proxying another NNTP server, - simple MySQL database, - maildirs, - mboxes.
Please note that Papercut is only a NNTP server, not a full-featured news transport system. It does not handle newsfeeding or other usual news software features.
Other Packages Related to papercut
- dep: adduser
- add and remove users and groups
- dep: python
- An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
- dep: python-support (>= 0.7.1)
- automated rebuilding support for Python modules
- rec: python-mysqldb
- A Python interface to MySQL
- rec: python-pgsql
- A Python DB-API 2.0 interface to PostgreSQL v7.x