Package: libpgocaml-ocaml (1.3-3build1) [universe]
Links for libpgocaml-ocaml
Download Source Package pgocaml:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Debian OCaml Maintainers (Mail Archive)
- Guillaume Yziquel
- Sylvain Le Gall
- Mehdi Dogguy
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [developer.berlios.de]
OCaml type-safe bindings for PostgreSQL
PG'OCaml provides an interface to PostgreSQL databases for OCaml applications. It uses Camlp4 to extend the OCaml syntax, enabling one to directly embed SQL statements inside the OCaml code. Moreover, it uses the describe feature of PostgreSQL to obtain type information about the database. This allows PG'OCaml to check at compile-time if the program is indeed consistent with the database structure. This type-safe database access is the primary advantage that PG'OCaml has over other PostgreSQL bindings for OCaml.
This package contains dynamically loadable plugins for PG'OCaml.
Other Packages Related to libpgocaml-ocaml
- dep: libcalendar-ocaml (>= 2)
- OCaml library providing operations over dates and times
- dep: libpcre-ocaml
- OCaml bindings for PCRE (runtime)
- rec: ocaml-findlib
- management tool for OCaml libraries
- sug: postgresql (>= 7.4)
- object-relational SQL database (supported version)