Package: chef (0.7.10-0ubuntu1.1) [universe]
Links for chef
Download Source Package chef:
Original Maintainers (usually from Debian):
- Joshua Timberman
- Debian Ruby Extras Maintainers (Mail Archive)
It should generally not be necessary for users to contact the original maintainer.
- Homepage [wiki.opscode.com]
configuration management system written in Ruby
Chef is a systems integration framework and configuration management system written in Ruby. Chef provides a Ruby library and API that can be used to bring the benefits of configuration management to an entire infrastructure.
Chef can be run as a client (chef-client) to a server, or run as a standalone tool (chef-solo). Configuration recipes are written in a pure Ruby DSL.
This package contains the chef-client and chef-solo binaries and associated files.
Other Packages Related to chef
- dep: libchef-ruby
- Ruby libraries for Chef configuration management system
- dep: liberubis-ruby
- A very fast eRuby implementation for ruby
- dep: libextlib-ruby
- general Ruby class extensions for DataMapper and Merb
- dep: libjson-ruby
- JSON library for Ruby (default Ruby version)
- dep: libohai-ruby
- Library to collect data about your operating system and report it in JSON
- dep: libopenid-ruby
- Ruby library for verifying and serving OpenID identities
- dep: libopenssl-ruby
- OpenSSL interface for Ruby
- dep: libstomp-ruby
- Ruby bindings for the stomp messaging protocol
- dep: ruby1.8
- Interpreter of object-oriented scripting language Ruby 1.8
- sug: rake
- a ruby build program